Thursday, February 14, 2008

"Please Turn to Page 4 of Your Pumpkins"

It would kill me to have a wedding two weeks before Halloween and not acknowledge it. So, I'm trying to think of a way to turn our programs into masks. Once again, I need to:
  • do it cheaply.
  • avoid cutting.
  • prevent glitter from covering every surface in the condomaximum.
I bought some foam Halloween masks from an online retailer thinking that I could jazz them up and glue them to the front of the programs. Unfortunately, all of the faces were messed up and the package filled our office with an odd rubber smell. Although the price is right, I fear that using them would not only poison our guests, but ordering more would possibly break some child labor laws somewhere. These things couldn't have been made by satisfied, skilled workers.

Anyway, I found these vintage Beistle decorations on ebay in the fall. They'd require some copying, but I think that they have potential.


The pumpkins would also match the decorations that my sister made for our engagement party.



I thought it would be fun to make programs out of Swedish Firecrackers, since Andy's Swedish, but, apparently you need gun powder to make those. Who knew?

No comments: