Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Dress

A few people have asked what dress I ordered. I originally didn't post it because Andy's being a freak about not seeing it, but then I realized that he doesn't read this anyway. (He said that he "sees it come alive." Dork.)

I purchased the Venus gown that I found last week:


The photos do not do it justice. It's so perfect. I couldn't love it anymore. I can't stop thinking about all of the shoe and jewelry possibilities!

I know that some Type A Brides may scoff at the fact that it doesn't really complement the bridesmaid dresses. At the end of the day, I am just happy that the four of us found comfortable dresses for our very different bodies. Beggars can't be choosers, purists be damned.

4 comments:

A Windy City Wedding said...

LOVE IT! I think I am doing the same neckline (i am over the whole strapless thing) but more of a straight a-line skirt. SO PRETTY!!!

Tara Vorhes said...

Soooo pretty!

And cheers to letting the bridal party be individuals! :)

Enjoy Celebrations and Occasions said...

I love that it doesn't match the bridesmaid dresses in any way. In my never to be humble opinion, the bride should look nothing like the bridesmaids.

Chitown Wife said...

I absolutely love it. And in all honesty - I am a big believer in letting your bridesmaids be their own person...I hate uniform looks!