Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Color Me Badd

I love the color green. L-O-V-E it. Case in point, we were walking out of J. Crew last year and when I pointed out a green hoodie that I liked, Andy said, "They could spray paint a turd green and you'd have to have it." So, given that, I decided that I didn't want a green wedding because it would be too obvious. (i.e., "Of course Tina is having a green wedding.") Then we scored our October date at A New Leaf and I had to officially abandon the spring for a warmer palette.

I really wanted to celebrate the beautiful season with a somewhat unique palette. I used the Big Huge Labs web site to turn this photo of a tree, taken while I was watching the 2006 Chicago Marathon, into a bright fall palette:

I was excited that it includes a grayish green that would allow me to still play with slate gray if I wanted to. And salmon and rust are unique takes on the traditional orange and brown. I think that it's funny that this palette kind of looks like my old apartment. I must be a "warm!" I just hope that the wedding's not full of thousand leggers like my little dump was. Maybe I should wear waterproof mascara just in case.





No comments: