Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Programs

I've officially abandoned my idea to make the programs into Halloween masks or firecrackers. So last week, I started working on a Plan B and posted an etsy Alchemy request for an image for the cover of our programs. I probably could have managed it myself, but I am running out of steam. There just aren't enough hours in the day -- and ESPECIALLY not enough hours in the weekend. Also, I think that my idea for assembling the programs is both unique and time-consuming, so I'd rather save my energy for that.

I am looking for something like the image below, but with the initials in a carved heart and some pumpkins sitting at the base of the tree. This is a very rough mock-up using a tree that I'm purchasing from iStock.com.


Like I said, I could probably do this myself, but the carved heart would take me forever and look like crap; whereas, someone with actual skills could do it in an hour and be done with it.

I decided to go with etsy seller arripke. As you can see from the samples below, her work has a great asthetic and wonderful use of color. And her prices are very affordable. The invitation sets shown below will run you about $270 for 100. (Don't think that I'm not tempted!) They also offer Custom Wedding Packages that include EVERYTHING (seriously...even table numbers and printed envelopes) for $475.






One thing that I hate about Alchemy requests is declining bids. I always feel mean. And I've had a few sellers respond back with something like, "Sorry you didn't pick me. I would have done a great job," which, after 12 years of Catholic School, is all that it takes to make me feel guilty.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hooray! I have been looking for a place that does awesome and affordable wedding paper stuff, as I am really crazy and picky about my stationery. Thank you for posting about it, I will def. check it out myself when the time comes!

Tilly said...

These look awesome! I was wondering if you had any recommendations about good printers in Chicago. We are planning to make our own, not that I have any real idea what I'm doing, but whatever!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (tilly17@gmail.com)

Thanks much!

Mrs. Rippke said...

A fellow etsy-er just let me know this post was up. THANK YOU so much! I'm so excited to be working with you too. :) Great blog, by the way. Love all the etsy addict stuff.