Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wedding Dress Thank You Cards

I realized that never shared this project with you guys. I created these thank you cards for my family shower. I liked them so much that I also used them for my bachelorette party. I wish that I would have made them sooner and used them for the Sur La Table and Work showers too, as I had them in my mind all spring.




They were inspired by these lovelies from Snow & Graham:




I traced a photo of my gown to create the line drawing. I decided that it looked better filled in for a silohuette image.


For the family shower, I lined plain envelopes with pages of bridal magazines.




For the bachelorette party, I created envelopes out of pages from bridal magazines and mailed them in plastic envelopes from Paper Source. I also rounded the corners on this set of cards because my sister had given me a corner rounder and I wanted to use it. :)








I have a feeling that I wouldn't have had as many cancelled wedding projects if I wouldn't had wasted so much time on gocco and envelope projects. As you may recall, I really took a shine to my liner and envelope templates from the 'Source. Oh, who am I kidding? I would have been against the clock no matter what I did!

5 comments:

ashley said...

OMG do you know how stinkin' cute that is??? What a wonderful idea... wish I'd thought of it, haha.

jessica lynn said...

looooooooooove the envelope liners/envelopes from magazines. you should TOTALLY open up an etsy shop and sell this service!!!!!!

Cupcake said...

Hey girl! Those are awesome. You are truly a DYI inspiration.

FYI - I'm doing a give away on my blog. Stop by!

devon lorraine ... said...

friggin' adorable. did you draw your dress yourself?

Unknown said...

This is adorable! You are really creative!