Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Which Me Should I Be?

I've really been struggling with what jewelry to wear for the wedding. I love costume jewelry. You know that scene in the movie "In Her Shoes" when Toni Collette's character says that she buys shoes when she's sad because clothes don't fit? Well, that's how I am with jewelry and accessories. Even when I'm a size 10, I HATE shopping for clothes. I'm all about the accessories. You don't have to squeeze earrings and purses over your hips or chest.

Given that I appreciate so many different styles, I can't decide what look to go for on the wedding day.

Should I go handmade and funky?




Image: PreciousMeshes

Should I go flashy and pimped out with a lot of pave bangles?

Images: Nordstrom


Should I go retro?
(This is my usual go-to.)


Image: J. Crew


Should I go flashy and bejeweled?


Image: Erin Gallagher Jewelry



Or should go with a modern take on pearls?


Image: Erin Gallagher Jewelry


My mom, sister, and I went to the Breakfast for Brides event at Erin Gallagher jewelry on Saturday. I had been hoping to have my jewelry selections made and purchased this weekend, but it was jammed packed, so we left before the crowds thinned enough to actually browse. I did get to steal a peek at the two items that I had in mind for myself -- a necklace to match the earrings above and the pearl earrings in the photo above.

My mom really wants me to wear pearls. Since she hasn't expressed opinions on many things, I've decided to go with pearls. And I am leaning heavily towards the ones on the bride in the photo above. I like that they're a bit chaotic in comparison to my very structured dress. And they even match the dot pattern! ;) I'm also going to check if I can have them made with crystals and pearls so that I still get a little somethin' somethin'.

My only hesitation with this design is that I am not sure how they will work with an up-do or a birdcage veil. I'm not married to the birdcage veil, but my hair's definitely too stringy for a half-down 'do.

3 comments:

jessica lynn said...

those pearl drop earrings by EG are to die for!!

A Windy City Wedding said...

why does jcrew make everything great? buy that bracelet please, if you cant fit it into the wedding it would be perfect for rehearsal dinner or honeymoon!

sarah said...

you know me, i'm a pearl or pave girl! i don't think you can go wrong, these are ALL beautiful options. the modern take on pearls will never go out of style, no matter how the pearl designs change over time, they are still pearls and will look cool year after year. then again, i always wondered, why do people care about their wedding photos in 50 years?!

what is a birdcage veil - you got me there.