Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up - October, Part 2: Andy is Ready to "Hang Me" on Our Second Anniversary

In October, Andy and  I celebrated our second wedding anniversary.

 
We skipped the hotel downtown this year, but visited our "honeymoon" restaurant, Bandera, and our "anniversary" restaurant, David Burke. Oh Lord. As my mother-in-law put it, I'm officially a David Burke snob!



I gave Andy a gift card and, since the second anniversary is the "cotton" anniversary, a cotton dishtowel:

 {Source}


I packaged it in a leftover bag from our wedding party gifts that I filled with cotton balls.

BTW, I totally drew the exact same tree image on his card last year.

I thought that I was so clever for this, but all that Andy said was, "What are we going to do with all of these cotton balls?" Package Fail.

Andy gave me the greatest gift of all for our anniversary -- He hung the shelves in the newly painted laundry room! (Cue harps and angels!)





Now I just have to organize it. Aye! Aye! Aye!

We spent our actual anniversary watching the clock on the Tribune Tower and thinking, "What we were we doing right now?" while enjoying the baptismal celebration of Andy's cousin's daughter at the Trump Hotel.


Other October Posts:

No comments: