Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up - September: Celebrating the Germans + A New iPad

In September, Andy and I had a few friends over for Oktoberfest, a street fair that is held down the street from our apartment.


And d came along...but my lame iPhone 3G couldn't get a good picture of us in the dark.



The next night, Andy and I were forced to rally through our hangovers to celebrate another German, Aunt Ruth, who celebrated a milestone birthday this year. We went to Morton's downtown.


I haven't received anyone's pictures from the evening, but here are some more bad iPhone 3G photos of the placecards I made using baby photos that my mother-in-law scanned and sent me on the sly.



I thought that she selected the perfect images.


I also celebrated a birthday in September. I wasn't expecting much for the day, as I was on a huge deadline that week. In fact, I pulled an all-nighter the night before and started the morning off wondering how I was going to make it through the day...until Andy surprised me with an iPad!

I snapped this photo for my Facebook wall within minutes of opening it.

After I stopped crying and shaking, it took me 14 hours to open it. I was in too much shock and just couldn't get myself to put the first fingerprint on it. I can't believe that I was so reserved! When I first got it, I said that I'd be too afraid to use it on the L. Now, I can count on one hand the number of times that I've left the house without it. And, as soon as one of us puts it down at home, the other picks it right up. It's a TOTAL DREAM! Just like Andy.

No comments: