Thursday, December 30, 2010

Catching Up: March - The Month Where I Work Too Much, Score a New Nephew, and Make Unrealistic To Do Lists.

Oh man, March was bizzz-y! Work picked up big time in March. But “Bonus Day” also falls in March, so I was D-I-Y-ing to spend some dough and get started on all of the home projects that were in my head for months. So I took three days off of work to knock off the following “To Do” list:
  1. Purchase elfa shelving for the craft room and laundry room.
  2. Select and purchase paint colors
  3. Paint the craft room.
  4. Paint the laundry room.
  5. Paint the breakfast bar.
  6. Buy shelves for craft room nook and desk areas.
  7. Hang the shelves in the craft room.
  8. Hang the shelves in the laundry room.
Well, it took me a day to empty the craft room (or as I now call it, “The Basement”) and turn the rest of the house into this:






Then our nephew arrived, so we went to the suburbs a few times to welcome him and help soften the blow that his older sister suffered when he was born on her birthday. (Yikes.) Here is a photo of him at the ripe old age of six months since Auntie of the Year doesn't have a newborn photo of him. (His mom said that he is blog-able.)


 The unexpected events turned my “To Do” List into this:

  1. Purchase elfa shelving for the craft room and laundry room.
  2. Select and purchase paint colors
  3. Paint the craft room.
  4. Paint the laundry room.
  5. Paint the breakfast bar.
  6. Buy shelves for craft room nook and desk areas.
  7. Hang the shelves in the craft room.
  8. Hang the shelves in the laundry room.
  9. Get everything back into the craft room before I leave for ATL.
Number nine was Andy's biggest priority, as he had to live with it while I slept in clutter-less Marriott. I planned three days for all of this and finally finished it in October. I have a serious problem with my time estimation skills.

After photos to follow as soon as I get the Christmas mess out of the "Basement."

No comments: