Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up: June - Becoming a DoC

My favorite day of the entire year was the day that my friend and I served as Day of Coordinators for fellow blogger Nicole's wedding to her husband, Tim.

{Source: S1 Photography}

I sat on this post for a long while (obviously) because I wasn't sure what to say about it. To say that I enjoyed the honor of being someone's Day of Coordinator (DoC) is an understatement. It was one of the most exhausting (it was very, very hot), emotional (I teared up when I saw the bride in her gown), and fulfilling days that I've ever had at a paid job. Granted, I had a very, very decisive and organized (yet very laid back) bride and two of the kindest, most gracious families that I've ever met as my clients, so my job wasn't THAT tough, but the day still had its random blunders to deal with it...and dealt with them we did.

I'm not sure what the future holds for me, re: coordination, but I certainly hope that I can find the time to pursue this avenue a bit more. There are a few things that I wish I could have done differently and plenty of things to learn, but it's a challenge that I was totally made for. (I hope that Nicole agrees!) I remember texting Andy during the mass - "I love DoCing!" We'll see what the future brings!

P.S. Nicole's photographer, S1 Weddings, is the artist behind one of my favorite local wedding photos of all time. I think that the bride looks fierce in this photo. I wish that I was her.

{Source: S1 Weddings Web Site}

P.P.S. I got to ride in the famous Holiday cab on the way to the final walkthrough with Nicole and Tim. It was decorated for the 4th of July.






No comments: