Thursday, December 30, 2010

Catching Up: April - Sunshine, Cupcakes, Wedding Parties, and A New Car!

Chicago had a few sneak peeks of warmer weather and happy days at the beginning of April.



I got to escape work a little early one sunny Friday afternoon to see some sunshine and play "wedding planner" at my friends' tasting at Carmichael's. Divine. It was so much fun!



{Photos from my friend}

And there was even more sunshine at her garden party-themed shower the next day.

{Photo from my friend}

Her maid-of-honor's mother's was one of the nicest houses I've ever seen. And the food was EXCELLENT! I am so jealous of people cool enough to pull off big meals without panic. This was the shower at which I had my triumph over Crate & Barrel boxes.



Also in April, I took a "Cupcake Boot Camp" class at The Chopping Block with my friend VP...and Emily from A Windy City Wedding. I spotted Emily standing outside and did the awkward blog-friend-that-you've-never-met thing of, "Excuse me, are you Emily?" And it was her! The class was a blast and I had so much fun with Emily and her hilarious friend, Christy. Emily has a good summary and excellent photos on her baking blog, baking up for lost time.


I *totally* recommend this class. I can't wait to do another. Sadly, I had to leave for Atlanta the day after the class, so I only got to try one of my cupcakes.

Oddly enough, after spending $90 learning how to bake fancy cupcakes, I made boxed cupcakes for my brother's 32nd birthday.



And, finally, we bought a new car in April…a Volvo station wagon! I know, right? It was originally a dealer loaner so it was an incredible deal. Andy and I both had about three weeks of “WTF have we done?” moments, re: buying a station wagon, but after my first trip to the storage facility it had officially won my heart.


2 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Cutest slider ever and congrats on the new car!

Terese said...

ooooh, love the car! my friend betsy always talks about how she needs to own a volvo wagon...she will be jealous when i send her this.