Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Catching Up: Pastel Baby Shower: Activity Book for Young Guests

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the kid's menu for my sister-in-law's baby shower included an activity book that I created in Microsoft Word.



I created the cover graphic by scanning the fabric to create a *.jpg and then applying the mask to a onesie graphic that I drew in Adobe Illustrator. The covers were color-coded to match the tables.



I filled each page with graphics that I drew or downloaded from the Microsoft Web site and puzzles that I made up.


 



The last page contained the solutions to each puzzle.

Click here if you'd like to download a copy of this document for your own use. A few notes:
  • This document is layed out for duplex printing on my printer, a Canon MX860. You might have to tweak the layout to accommodate your printer.
  • The fonts used in the version in the photos are Rosewood, Freebooter Script, and my long-reigning favorite, Century Gothic. I changed everything to Century Gothic in the uploaded version to retain page breaks. You will have to reformat the text to accommodate your own fonts, if necessary.
  • I've highlighted all of the data that needs to be customized in yellow.
If you post about this document, please link back to this site and/or post. This took a really long time to make, so I'd love to see other people use it!

Previously: The Invitations and Party Decor
Next: The Scrapbook

No comments: