Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up - November, Part 1: Thanking the Wonderful Hostesses in My Life

One of my favorite challenges is finding afforable, unique hostess gifts for all of the wonderful parties that I go to throughout the year.

In November, my friend, Tara, hosted another spectacular brunch. I don't know how she finds the time to create, clean, and cook well, but she blows us all away every time.

 {Source - Above Images: the small d}


I'm going through a cooking slump, so I brought a hostess gift in lieu of a dish. I picked up some French sea salt (Tara loves to cook and  recently visited France) and packaged it in an embroidered towel by artist Valori Wells.



I liked the look so much that I used the same towel to present a turkey ornament to my mom on Thanksgiving.


 I picked up a Christmasy towel and used some richer leaves and baker's twine to present Aunt Ruth with a candle for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Tara Vorhes said...

Aw- thanks! You are so nice - I am blushing from your sweet comment.

The tea towel wrapped gift is perfection for a hostess gift. Very nicely done!