Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up - July, Part 1: A Pucci-Inspired Baby Shower - The Invites

My dear friend, VP, had a little girl in July. We barely squeezed her baby shower in the Saturday before the baby was born (two weeks early!). VP didn't want anything too over-the-top and attention getting, so my friend and I hosted a very minimalist afternoon tea for her.

The Inspiration

For the invites and general theme, I wanted something very "high fashion" since VP loves Nordstrom. She didn't want anything too girly and pink and I wanted to include some shades of purple to honor her mother, whose favorite color was purple...thus, the Pucci-inspired invitation was born!

I was originally going to recreate the design from the Gigi line of paper products from Caspari.


I quickly realized that this image from iStock was nicer than anything that I could freehand with my mouse.




Front

The invites say "An Afternoon of Pampering," as we originally planned a little spa day that, unfortunately, didn't pan out.


Back

Ribbon Belly Band
 

RSVP Cards


Envelopes

I assembled these while in Atlanta for work. Thank the sweet Lord Jesus that I had a room on the concierge level and was able to print the labels for these. 




No comments: