Friday, November 5, 2010

Hallow's Eve 2010

Halloween was a hoot this year. As you know, my friend and I dressed up for work.

On Saturday, Andy and I went Trick or Treating out in the suburbs with our niece and nephew.




Our nephew was Yoda, and hated it. His big sister was Alice. (Sorry, only faceless photos allowed on the Interwebs for kids that don't belong to me.)




We saw some quite excellent and funny monsters.





And then we went to the annual concert at the Double Door. I dressed as the Bride of Frankenstein.





Or more appropriately, Edna Turnblad does the Bride of Frankenstein**.
I bought my wig at Paper Source. Not kidding.

Andy was a pirate. He says, "Arrrrrgh! Look at me pants that I made me-self because my wife was freaking out over her costume, she was."


We've clearly moved out of the honeymoon phase, as try as I might, I couldn't get him to wear this  because it would be "hot."

And now it's time to pack it all in until next year. :(


**So about the BoF dress. I used the instructions from Martha Stewart's Gray Bride costume, which I am totally making one year.



However, the instructions say to use seam binding and a large needle. I spent three hours trying to do that. The seam binding and big needle are too thick to get through the bunched up tulle, but too large to sew it. I spent three hours and a lot of curse words trying to do it her way before giving up and grabbing some 1/4" thick, 25 cent ribbon and a plain needle. It took about an hour to stitch it together the old-fashioned way. I'd also recommend adjusting the amount of tulle based on your size. I probably could have used twice as much to make it more opaque.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love the wig! Such a great costume.