Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Wedding Shoes are Boring.

My Shoes - BLAH!


Image: J. Crew



Photo Shoot-Worthy Shoes - HOORAY!



What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? I am running out of time to decide. Today is my birthday and my gift to myself is unplugging. I've turned off the Morning Joe that Andy leaves on every morning. I've asked coworkers not to tempt me with cake. I've cancelled my usual birthday plans with my girlfriends. It's just me, myself, and I in my last birthday before I have to start checking two new boxes on surveys (Married and, next year, 35+). Maybe I will relish the silence of my day in the comforts of the Nordstrom's, J. Crew, and Bloomingdale's shoes departments on the way home from work tonight.

9 comments:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

First - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Second, your shoes are beautiful and classic. I love them. And the ankle strap makes them great for dancing!

Skywalker said...

Happy B day! I concur the shoes are very nice plus you can use them again. Don't laugh, you can. You'll be fine plus, I know this from first hand experience, no is looking at your feet.

Angela said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Tara Vorhes said...

Happy Birthday!

I love your shoes. They are so pretty and classy. I think they will go perfectly with your dress. So Don't Second Guess Yourself!!!!!

And thanks for the shoutout! :)

Kathryn said...

Do what Amanda did - dye them and add a vintage clip on earring to each one. You can read about it on her Knot Bio:

http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/page.aspx?username=99vintageglam&MsdVisit=1#attire

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!

Go look at shoes, woman! Maybe you'll find some you love, maybe not. But you won't know until you look!

Anonymous said...

Happy bday! Don't be silly, your shoes ARE beautiful! They look comfy enough to dance alllll night long. I say clip a silk flower onto the toes, it will look gorgeous.

Naturally Blessed said...

happy birthday!

i'm not happy with my shoes either. i really wanted BRIGHT lustrious color. instead i've got stock ivory with rhinestones....no idea what to do about it...

Allison Hasel said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Seriously, the shoes are great. Not boring at all...fabulous!