Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Andy's Family Shower

My shower at Sur La Table on Saturday was excellent. Andy's family is an incredibly nice group of people, so I was much more relaxed than I expected to be. I was actually so busy cooking up a storm that I didn't get to mingle very much. We made:

Artichoke, Tomato, and Carmelized Onion Tart
Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Vodka Sauce
Roasted Chicken Breast with Mozzarella, Portabella, Tomatoes and Carmelized Onions

Sur La Table had a delicious Pesto Shrimp Crostini prepared for us when we arrived and capped off the meal with a Strawberry Fried Ravioli with Chocolate Kahlua Sauce. I think that was my favorite item.

Aunt Ruth's attention to deal was excellent. I am so upset that I forgot my camera and didn't get photos of the tables and final spread before everyone tore into it. Here are the adorable favors that greeted everyone in their spots.


Hopefully, people will send me some photos to share with all of you.

You wouldn't believe the gifts that I got! I hope that Andy's been nice to all of his cousins because they hooked us up. Oh! And I got a Kitchen Aid mixer from his mom! And crystal goblets from Ruth. Oh! And a Dutch oven as an early wedding present. My mom gave me my great grandmother's  recipe for kolatcheys, which somehow made me cry. Every since my grandma passed away, I am crying at the drop of a pin. And it's driving me nuts. Especially when people have cameras out. I hate being a crier.

And here's the best news -- the thank you cards are finished for this shower. I hate writing thank you cards. The English Major in me forces me to believe that each card has to have a sincere, unique message, so I agonize over them. Cover Letters are the only other source of brief literature that causes me more distress. I've now written 40 thank you cards in two weeks. (Which I realize is a good thing because I've had 40 nice things done for me, but you get the point.)

I'll post them next week after everyone's received them. I sort of strayed from my color pallete and added a bridal blue to my salmon color. It tied into the invites too.

No comments: