Sunday, August 17, 2008

Why? Why? Why? Why?

Warning - Negative Post.

The invitations go out TOMORROW. TOMORROW. And look what I found on the batch I am folding today - they f-ed up the crop lines:



WTF? That is like a quarter of an inch difference! I can't send that out. It looks awful. It looks like I got them for free from Steve's Tux Emporium by ordering four or more tuxes.

What the hell do I do? If, by some miracle, they reprint them, it will take two weeks because the paper has to dry. F*ck. F*ck. F*ck. F*ck. F*ck. I am so angry that I am trying to force myself to cry and just can't. And I've already stuffed and stamped 50 of them.

On Thursday, I found out that our hotel won't be open by the wedding. They're honoring our block at another hotel, which is nice (but not hassle-free, they seem to be doing it begrudgingly), but now the whole back side of the invite is crap. The backside lists things to do around the other hotel. I'll send a follow-up mailing, but it's the point.

So help me God, if one person calls me a "bride" or infers anything bridezilla-related while I am dealing with this tomorrow, I am going to lose my sh*t. There has to be something karmic in this. I am being punished for making fun of other peoples' tacky invitations or something.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, honey you are not a bridezilla or anything else. You've put a lot of work into these and you want them done right. If having them reprinted isn't an option, I suggest you make peace with what you got. It will all be ok. (I used that as a mantra and it helped me)

Jenna said...

You have spent so many hours stressing over these invitations, I have no idea why this would happen to you of all people. Go with Linda's advice, if you can have them reprinted, then do it. Otherwise, make peace with the Universe and move on.

Allison Hasel said...

So so sorry you keep having trouble with your invites {and the hotels}. I can't really tell from the pictures, but can you cut the offending edges off without totally ruining the final product? That is if you don't have time for a reprint...

jessica lynn said...

engagement rings should come with a warning that the invitation process will be the most annoying and nail biting process ever faced in the months before the wedding. ugh. I feel your pain. Let us know how it works out!!

devon lorraine ... said...

sounds like you need another cocktail hour. pronto.

Rachel said...

I like the repeating "It will all be okay.... It will all be okay..."

I'd be right there with you - pissed off about the invites and the hotel situation. That sucks. But at the end of the day, it WILL all work out (at least that's what my fiancee tells me!)

I think there's a guy at the Men's Warehouse tux rental desk that probably thinks I'm totally a bridezilla. But f* him. I don't like the shirts that stand up and then just the tips of the collar point down. And why are their "normal" shirts either WHITE or yellow-cream????? And by the way - yes, lighter blue CAN compliment navy, if it's in the same hue family....

Rachel said...

By the way - your invites still rock! They are so cool and much much much more creative than mine will be!!!
You know your friends and family will love them.