Tuesday, February 3, 2009

tw + ac: 10.17.08.12: Toasts



Now that the wedding's over, I can safely say that not hiring a videographer is my biggest regret of the day. At the very least, I wish that I would have found a friend with a video camera to record the ceremony and the speeches. I found out afterwards that my cousin had a video camera with him and didn't use it! I kind of remember the speeches, but not in their entirety. Apparently, they were funny.




We had all of the usual toasts:


Greeting from Andy and I




I regret having Andy do the greeting because I found out later that he was nervous about it all day. I also would have been nervous, but I was busy enough to be distracted from my nerves and the adrenaline probably would have calmed me down a bit. (Oh, and I would have NOT been nervous enough to turn away the plates of food that the caterer made for us to eat before hitting the party. Grrrrrrrrrrr!) I feel bad that he felt unecessary stress.


Our Dads




Funny story about my dad's speech - my mother wrote a speech for him that morning and he ended up leaving it at the hotel. A few minutes before we began the processional, he asked the DOC for a pen and then told my mom to hurry up and rewrite it before we walked. My brother and Katie were able to convince him that she could do it after the ceremony. My poor mom.


Our Best Man and Maid-of-Honor




My maid-of-honor sister and I are polar opposites when it comes to being the center of attention. I have been a maid-of-honor twice and, both times, I did everything that I could to avoid speeches. Freshman year, I ran out of my Com 101 presentation because I had a panic attack in the middle of a speech. Not even kidding - I cried and left the room. My sister, on the other hand, looked at me like I had ten heads when I offered her a free pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so good to know. You are right, I do want to re-watch speeches and everything inbetween.