Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cake Diagram

I'm booked up every night this week and needed a quick Monday-night project that would help me procrastinate on finishing the invitations while still crossing something off of my "to do" list. What do you think? It needs some tweaking, but it's not bad for a first draft.

The Inspiration Cake



Image: Brides.com


My "Artist's" (ha, ha) Rendering for Display on the Cake Table

This will be printed on a 5 1/2" circle card from Paper Source. I don't think that our cake will be quite as colorful, as it will have some ivory colored balls mixed in, but it will still be bright and cheery (shocking, right?).


6 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks so cool!! Definitely bright and cheery!

I think you are going to have one of the most cohesively designed weddings! Everything is going to look so good together!

By the way - I LOVE red velvet cake! We're also using it!

Tara Vorhes said...

i seriously love your cake. so cool.

the 'cake diagram' is pretty awesome. i am continuing to be jealous of your design skills...

Veronica said...

Love it! I'm also very jealous of your design skills ;P

Dana said...

The layers of your cake sound very yummy.

Kate said...

I'm in LOVE with this cake! What a fabulously fun design and uhm, such tasty flavors I'm going to have to hijack a piece of your center layer because it sounds AWESOME!

Newlywed Next Door said...

You improved the cake from it's orginal Brides.com picture! I love your dots theme - it totally goes without being too matchy-matchy