Friday, June 27, 2008

Don't Be Upset That My Friends Are Cooler Than Your Friends

Forget Flower Friday! Look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday!



My First Shower Invitation!



My friend told me that the bridal invitations for my "book club" shower would be in the mail on Tuesday and I have been dying waiting for my copy to arrive. My sister said, "I don't get it. Why are you excited to see the invitations?" I should demote her from Maid of Honor position, as she obviously doesn't know me at all!



Click each image to view it larger.



The envelopes for the bridal shower invitations are going to be fancier than the envelopes and labels for the actual wedding invitations.




The next image literally made my heart skip a beat when I opened the envelope on the elevator. Isn't it the coolest? What a great idea.





And, finally, the invitation to the PARTY AT PAPER SOURCE. That's right. I am having a bridal shower at Paper Source. There are so many words in that last statement that make my heart flutter. I mean, how well do they know me?






My friend said that she was nervous as she made these because she was concerned about meeting my standards. I find that funny because she's easily as picky as me! I think that it's safe to say that I've found my Party Planning Soul Mate.



I have been counting down the days until this shower for some time. Alison (who created the invitations) moved home to Buffalo in the fall, my friend Sarah (trix), who is listed as a hostess on the invite, moved to Indianapolis in 2006, and a couple of our other friends are out in the 'burbs playing hide-and-go-seek with their kids on their sprawling lawns and in their expansive closets. While the Chicago-area girls try to get together every month or so, we're usually pretty rushed when we do. It's going to be so nice to have all of my favorite people in the world together for a relaxing evening in one of my favorite places in the world.

4 comments:

Kate said...

OMG those turned out fantastic! I'm super impressed by your friends' crafty antics and their choice of venue! I can't wait to hear all about it. ;)

sarah said...

i'm so excited to celebrate with you and FOR you! you deserve it! looking fw to a crafty and stylish time at paper source.

i'm so impressed alison did those invites all herself - i thought certainly you had a hand in it with the dotted envelope inserts. she is your party-planning soul mate indeed. --trix

natalie said...

Those are awesome! and I am totally jealous that it is at PS!

Tara Vorhes said...

gorgeous shower invites!

And I am so jealous that your shower is at PS! That will be so much fun!