Wednesday, April 25, 2012

{Recipes} Low-Fat Weeknight Dinners

My e-friend, Linda, had asked about some of the new recipes that Andy and I have tried in the last two weeks. I'm always too chicken to blog about recipes that come from books, but here are a few available online that we've been enjoying lately.


{Source: Cooking Light}
  • Here are the April recipes we've tried and loved:
    • Hazelnut-Crusted Halibut with Roasted Asparagus: Finding halibut is next to impossible in Chicago, so we use swai for this recipe. Also, Andy likes this one with a little lemon drizzled on it. I think that adding garlic to roasted asparagus is genius. 

{Source}

    • Sausage-Spinach Rice Bowl: My only quandary with this dish is that it's 9-points for a one cup serving. One cup of rice isn't a huge dinner (or leftover lunch). I wanted to eat 1/2 a pot.
{Source}

{Source}
We actually have several more on our radar. I'll post our favorites after we give them a try.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for posting those. I wish I would have had that halibut recipe last week. I had 2 pieces of halibut that I did not find successful recipes for those pieces and have almost given up on halibut.