Tuesday, January 6, 2009

tw + ac - 10.17.08.02: The Rehearsal Dinner

Andy's parents hosted a lovely rehearsal dinner for us at Mike Ditka's restaurant on the evening before the wedding.




The food was so delicious, but pre-wedding jitters must have suppressed my appetite, as I hardly ate. I have been dying for a pork chop ever since.




Since we couldn't get into our wedding venue the night before the wedding, we had to do a quick walkthrough of the procession and ceremony at the party.




We used our party favors as seating cards for the tables. I purchased pillow boxes from Paper Source, filled them with treats, and created name stickers with the Chicago Bears logo. The Bears theme was a little surprise for Andy.




All guests received Fannie May Halloween candy, assorted candy, and one of the following items:




For some reason, I thought that we'd have a place card table, so I also made place cards. I wish that I would have used the time to make table numbers instead - yet another thing that I ran out of time for.




My sister gave Andy and I shirts to commemorate our Chicago Bears-themed Rehearsal Dinner - a Mike Ditka's shirt for me and a Hawaiian shirt for Andy. (I'm actually wearing my Ditka shirt as I type this summary!) There was an entire photoshoot of Andy's new shirt. You would have thought that Ditka himself had walked in the door.


All Images taken by my family members and processed using poladroid.


At the end of the night, Andy and I exchanged our gifts to each other - a Tiffany's necklace for me and a Tiffany's money clip and a set of cufflinks for him.


Images from Tiffany and Processed in Poladroid

1 comment:

mimi said...

love the title of your blog it's so true! i never even thought about weddings before the ring and now i am ob-sessed.