Monday, January 5, 2009

tw + ac - 10.17.08.01: Ladies Who Lunch!

The day before the wedding, my girls and I kicked off the wedding celebrations with an afternoon of lunch and nails.



I met my and Andy's moms, two of our sisters, my friend VP, and Andy's aunt at Luxbar for an awesome lunch - including a bottle of my favorite wine, Silver Oak, courtesy of good 'ole Aunt Ruth! Unfortunately, my bridesmaid, LP, and Andy's sister, Nik, couldn't attend because of work. That is the only downside of getting married on a Friday - you force people to burn up their vacation time.



After lunch, we headed to Spa Emilia to get our nails done. It was so fun!




My mom had never had a manicure or pedicure before, which, for some reason, made me feel very spoiled. The pampering was old hat for everyone else...




Unfortunately, I had a hard time relaxing, despite the two glasses of wine and four glasses of champagne. I think that it was nerves, excitement, overstimulation from being the guest of honor, and the damn ceremony questionnaire that our officiant said that he never received (I swear that I sent it!). I spent most of the time trying to sneak away from everyone to work the questionnaire - to no avail.



As a favor, each gal received a pocketbook favor box containing a few pieces of Godiva chocolate and a small tube of one of my all-time favorite products, hand and nail cream from H2O+.

1 comment:

starfish said...

Such a great idea! And I love the invites and everything! :)