Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm Not Defeated Anymore...

  1. I've finally unthawed from my hour wait for the Purple Line last night.
  2. They're reassigning some of my responsibilities on my project at work (in a good way, not a bad way) and giving me extra people for my piece of the pie - which means less hours!
  3. My friend convinced me to leave work at 5:00 p.m. tonight to join her for a manicure, pedicure, and a tall boy.
  4. Andy's at the Hawks' game, so I get the good TV to watch 30 Rock (instead of the Hawks' game).
  5. Andy DVRed the Anthony Bourdain Venice episode for me.
  6. I've opened up a bottle of the "good" wine even though I'm home alone and we have an unspoken agreement not to drink the good wine without the other person present. (And it's turning out to be an OK wine, not a "good" wine, so he won't care too much.)
  7. I arrived home to find this e-mail:
How nice is that message? I often worry that my blog is a tad lame, so when I get compliments, it tickles me pink or, in my case, tickles me CMYK 4/65/65/0. Ha, Ha.

Go check out Joanie's new blog, Chicago Bride to Be. She's only three posts in, so we'll be in on the ground floor of planning of her planning. (Oh! How envious!) So far, she's seems going through the right motions for Chicago Bride-to-Be -- she's already called North Pond restaurant and been shocked by their $20K rental fee. Good Luck, Joanie! I can't wait to see how everything pans out!

No comments: