Tuesday, August 23, 2011

{Gifts} Chicago-Themed Kids Gifts

One of my best friends from college got in touch with me via LinkedIn back in January. I am so excited as he is one of my most favorite people in the world.

I had a chance to see my old friend and meet his wife and incredibly smart daughters last month, when Andy and I met him at the Shedd Aquarium. I'm always excited when guests come to Chicago, so I welcomed them with some Chicago treats in hopes of wooing them back with awesomeness.

The only thing that I knew about his daughters is that they love dinosaurs and fish. I used some photocopied scrapbook paper to dress some some plain gift backs with designs cut with my Silhouette SD.


I filled the bags with a Chicago coloring book and crayons, a chocolate sucker from Fannie May, and little snack size bags of Garrett's popcorn


I can't find the Chicago coloring book online to show you the inside, but it's pretty cute. You can find coloring books for Chicago and other cities on Amazon. My friend said his daughters really liked them.

We're counting our vacation pennies, so I cut myself off there. I would have liked to include the Count to Sleep Chicago book for his younger daughter and this wonderful Larry Gets Lost in Chicago book for his oldest daughter.


I usually use stickers to mark our office location. Please don't kill us.

{Source}
For more ideas on assembling Chicago-style treats, see the Out-of-Town bags from our October 2008 wedding.

No comments: