Thursday, July 9, 2009

Honymoon, 2nd Act

Twenty-four hours after the wedding, we’re heading to Bangkok. We will spend two days in Thailand’s capitol city before we fly over to Siam Reap, Cambodia. Siam Reap is known for their temple, "Angkor Wat." I’ve always wanted to visit this stunning temple. We will have a private tour with an English-speaking guide and a driver, so I hope we’re really able to see the highlights. After three days in Cambodia, we will head to Kuala Lumpur, the capitol of Malaysia. I cannot wait to see the Batu Caves and the Petronas Towers. Before our city tour ends, we will stop in Singapore. I’m so excited to see this city again.

After Singapore, we will head to the beach on the island of Koh Samui. Unfortunately, we wanted to go on our honeymoon right after the wedding, which limited our options for beach destinations, as September is monsoon time in Asia. Since we had visited Koh Samui during our 2006 vacation, I did not want to include it in our itinerary. But; our hotel choice totally changed my mind. We’re going to spend three nights at the Six Senses Hideaway Samui! I’ve always promised myself that I’d stay at a Six Senses hotel soon. So, what better occasion than on our honeymoon?
From Koh Samui, we will take a 30-minute speedboat ride to Koh Phangan, another beautiful island in the Gulf of Thailand. There we will stay at the brand new Hotel "Rasananda."
I cannot wait to spend 3 weeks in Asia with my husband! (oh wow, this sounds strange!)

Our Hotels, just click...Nr. 1 , Nr. 2, Nr. 3, Nr. 4, Nr. 5, Nr. 6

1 comment:

Kristal said...

My brother went to Cambodia on a missions trip and came back with incredible pictures!