Thursday, July 2, 2009

Honeymoon

We (okay, let’s be honest, I) booked our honeymoon a few weeks ago! So, where are we going? South Asia! We have been to Bali and Thailand before, and, while I don’t like to visit the same place twice, I’m willing to make an exception for Singapore ;-) I love, love, love Singapore. I think it’s an amazing city and I’ve always wanted to spend more time there. We tossed around many ideas, but none of them seemed to be “the one.” Vacationing in Thailand back in 2006 was so freaking beautiful and relaxing that we decided to go for it.

Photos by me

We have about three weeks for our honeymoon. Since three weeks on a beach was definitely not an option, we came up with the idea of city-hopping and a spending few relaxing days at the beach. Stay tuned for the details…

8 comments:

Globetrottingbride said...

OMG that sounds amazing!! Can't wait to hear more!

Linda said...

Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hear all about it.

It's A Jaime Thing said...

Awesome! My friend is living over there right now, teaching - she's there for 6 months or so then she'll be back in Chicago. If you want to check out her travel blog about this beautiful place and her adventures, here's the URL:

http://nattyfish77.blogspot.com/

Cheers & happy honeymooning! ;)

Sincerely,
Jaime ;)

Unknown said...

we're thinking of doing the same thing! but i've never been to thailand/singapore. can you share more info? we're thinking of spending most of our time in phuket... thanks!

Unknown said...

btw we were also considering bali. how did you like bali vs thailand?

Sev said...

Rebecca, I love to give you my two cents... But I think it's easier via Mail. Just sent me a short note to wedo2009blog@gmail.com and I will share my experiences. :-)

Jaime; thank you so much! I will hop-over and read their travel blog.

Misse said...

Sounds like a fabulous vacay. My husband and I went to Thailand after dating for only 6 weeks. We had the best 3 week vacation there.

Enjoy!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn said...

So Jealous- Thailand is my favorite place in the world! I went in January and have been dying to return. Have a wonderful time!!!