Friday, June 4, 2010

Entryway Table

I'm slowly getting our entryway to a look that I don't hate. The walls are TBD, as we have an open floor plan, so whatever I do would need to flow throughout three rooms. Maybe someday I can wallpaper it or paint it super cool. (No more green paint, though. I promise.)

The wall (seen near the crawling kid) was empty for the first few months that we lived here.

In September, I purchased a dresser on Craig's List to use as an entryway table to store mail, etc. (I practically bought this from under another buyer's feet!)


The accessories took awhile. I received a mirror from CB2 from my in-laws for Christmas. I love it.


I kept our favorite wedding photo on display and added some other FREE prints that I received.


This "May All Beings Be At Ease" print was a surprise that arrived with some others that I purchased from etsy seller lot 9 press. It's the perfect message to greet guests as they walk in the door. The frame, which is way too big, is from CB2.


I received this cool Sears Willis Tower letterpress print (by Sesame Letterpress) and the accompanying frame for free when I purchased a something on the opening weekend of the Chicago west elm store.



My Chinese Laterns from the "during" photo had seen better days, so I swapped them out for some billy balls. I'm planning on picking a few more up to fill out this vase. (Billy Balls are $$$!)



And, finally, this little snack bowl from CB2 makes a great key bowl.



My pretty antique bowl doesn't really fit in here, but I just can't get myself to put it back in storage. One bad thing about having an open floor plan is a lack of surfaces on which to rest pretty things.

4 comments:

ChristinaBakes said...

Very nice - love the dresses and the Sears Tower print! The print was from West Elm too or just the frame?

Linda said...

I'm still on the look out for an entry table. I hope to find one as lovely as yours!

Tara Vorhes said...

It is looking fab! And I think I just might have seen your entryway at each of those stages :)

Completely random thoughts: I got the Art Institute version of those west elm giveaways but I wish they would have used a Chicago letterpress shop instead of one from brooklyn... since it was for their first store in the city and all ya know?

jessica lynn said...

cuuuute!! wish i had a little entry way to dress up!