Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Homemade Stationery Gift Set

I drew my sister-in-law's name in the family grab bag this Christmas. She asked for a personalized stamp, which I scored on sale. Since I had some extra change, I decided to gocco print some stationery for her. BUT, I didn't know which name to use - her first name, which she uses at work and with friends, her middle name, which she uses with family, or her formal name, which she uses with her students. So I decided to do all three! I checked with a friend for reassurance that it wasn't tacky to gift someone with inkjet printed note cards, and then hopped on it. I L-O-V-E how everything turned out. This was one of my two fave gifts we gave this season.

I assembled everything in a storage box from Paper Source.


I used mini file folders to organize the designs.





I think that receiving such a cute card from your child's teacher might soften the blow of hearing that he/she is an asshole, no? Ha!


2 comments:

devon lorraine ... said...

if my kids' teachers sent me a note on that cute paper, they could say anything they wanted!!!! <3 <3 <3 love the way you packaged it all up, too!

Unknown said...

Oh nice. It's really such a great idea. I liked that beautiful gift box so much.
Acting classes Los Angeles