Thursday, December 24, 2009

White Christmas Wedding Inspiration

Last night, Andy and I celebrated one of my favorite Christmas traditions -- The Music Box Christmas Show. This year, we saw "White Christmas."


That movie just thrills me to the core. Its handsome general, witty retro banter, and beautiful costumes and jewelry (Oh! The jewelry!) absolutely entrance me and makes me wish that I would have been born in a different era. However, this viewing - which has to be my 500th - made me realize how much wedding inspiration the film offers.

First Dance
The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing

You'd certainly be unique...



Wedding Dress and Centerpieces
Rosemary Clooney's Dress in the Carousel Club Scene













The terrible screen captures above were taken from this video:



I don't know why I didn't go more retro with our wedding. I kind of dabbled in it, but do wish that I went a bit more balls to the wall** with it. Oh well. It was lovely. Someone else should remake Rosemary Clooney's dress in white and send me pix of it!





**"Balls to the Wall" is currently in my phrase rotation because I just found out that my 4-year-old godson, who is very holy (despite my being his godmother), heard his dad listening to that song and has been walking around the house singing it. I got in trouble for saying "butt" and "dupah" in front of his older brother a few years ago, so I am sure that my poor friend is not pleased with her husband.

1 comment:

Terese said...

so funny...i was watching "WC" with my family on christmas eve and when rosemary came out in that dress, my mom looked at me and said, "is that what you want your butt to look like in your wedding dress?" i think her point was to note that my dress has nearly the same style and silhouette! and congrats on 500 :)