Friday, April 4, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere Yet Nothing to Drink.

I didn't feel like going to the gym after work tonight, so I went for a walk. And I got a slurpee. And somehow landed in the shoe section at Nordstrom. And chatted up a very nice salesperson. Who talked me into trying these on, in green, for fun. I hate her.



These cost $200 more than my wedding dress. And I love them. Despite myself. They are ridiculous. The heel's too high for an all-day affair, but they are green. And open-toe. And they have a round feather. And the woman from the Bobby Brown counter walked by and said, "OMG. Those are you." And, for once, I didn't care when someone said that to me, because the "me" item was f*ckin' awesome. And the shoe guys called them the "sickest bridal shoe ever." F*ck. F*ck. F*ck. Just once. Just once I want to be that girl that buys luxury. Just one time in my life, I want to make a frivolous purchase and not think "That's a student loan payment," or "That's two months' rent," or "What is their return policy?"

But, you know what? It's OK. Because I am marrying someone patient and funny. And doing so at A New Leaf. In the fall. Just like I always dreamed.


P.S.: No, I didn't buy the shoes!

5 comments:

Big Shot said...

So? Did you buy the shoes?

Tara Vorhes said...

funny! they are pretty sick. i totally was drooling over these online...

big sigh. i would love to massively splurge on my wedding shoes too... but yes, student loan payments...

sarah said...

you're back -whoo hoo! ahhh trix, i wish you could wear my splurge j crew wedding shoes circa 06 which were the most i ever spent on shoes but i somehow justified them b/c of "nuptial-brain." i still love them, maybe i should take them to dyables so i can wear them again! too bad they are peasant shoes compared to these hot green numbers!

and it would be so YOU to wear colored shoes with your dress. can i say colored shoes w/out you judging me???!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so disciplined! I am not and have been looking at Manolos online since I ordered my dress! Bad me!

Anonymous said...

i have been THAT GIRL! just once. it was awesome. also christian louboutins. all my strengths inside collapsed and i did it. spent $495 (a good deal said the sales lady) on a pair of amazing slingbacks. i've worn the hell out of them and love it everytime. i, too, want to do it again for my upcoming wedding. i instead bought cheap lookalikes in cobalt blue. still fabulous. i mean, they're shoes aren't they?!